|Salary Range:||$18-$20/hr DOE|
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by employee(s) in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignment.
Repair, install, and adjust a wide variety of grain elevator machinery and equipment while maintaining optimum functionality for the elevator.
- Disassemble machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Examine parts for breakage and excessive wear.
- Observe and test the operation of machinery and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions, using testing devices such as voltmeters, etc. Diagnose trouble quickly to avoid shut-downs.
- Reassemble machinery/equipment after completion of inspection, testing, or repairs.
- Repair and maintain the operating condition of the grain elevator processing equipment & machinery.
- Repair & replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery & equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance services such as clean lubricate & replace worn partsto prevent unexpected downtime or potential injuries.
- Construct foundation for machines; fasten machines to foundation or other structures using bolts, welds, rivets, etc.
- Read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Cut and weld metal to repair broken metal parts, fabricate new parts, and assemble new equipment.
- Train machine operators by demonstrating equipment functions and features.
- Enter codes and instructions to program computer-controlled machinery.
- Record parts and materials used, and order or requisition new parts and materials as necessary.
- Record repairs and maintenance performed.
- Service & repair heavy equipment used in elevator maintenance operations such as backhoe, scoops, crane, trucks, etc.
- Prioritize jobs through the supervisor. Coordinate and monitor outside contractors if under your supervision.
- Minimum five (5) years experience as a Millwright; an associate’s degree in maintenance and/or related field is a plus.
- Agriculture/farming background preferred
- Able to read blueprints and schematic drawings
- Ability to operate forklift, welder, front-end loader, backhoe, boom truck, crane
- Mechanically inclined – understand mechanical operation of various types of equipment.
- Self-starter with high initiative
- Potential to work long irregular hours (weekends and holidays included).
- Valid driver’s license to travel to other elevator locations.
- Prolonged hours of standing, walking, bending
- Frequently climb ladders & working at heights of over 100 feet
- Able to lift up to 55 pounds unassisted
- Ability to do problem solving and make decisions as needed.
- Ability to frequently work from high places.
- Ability to work in dust (grain dust) and adverse weather conditions and temperatures.
- Work in a physically strenuous environment.
- Exposure to chemicals, odors and loud noise.
- Work in confined spaces.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications